Urban Mushroom Garden and School: Eco Casa Madero / Fungorleone: 2016 | Guadalajara, Mexico
What did we do?
Our founder, Harry, lived at Eco Casa Madero for 1.5 years helping build up the small business of a local Mexican biologist.
Business Development and Successes:
- Built website with functioning shopping cart (fungorleone.com)
- Took pictures and video, edited them for use on the website and other media
- Helped tighten up all social media platforms
- Overall gave Eco Casa Madero and Fungorleone a boost to help the Mexican owner secure larger projects and more a more sustainable enterprise.
- Sat down and planned a smart business model with the owner throughout the whole time.
Developed “Urban Mushroom School”:
- Helped the owner make a curriculum that could be held to international standards of education
- Developed pricing, and what to offer international students to help secure more funding for the education part of his business
- Helped create marketing materials and concepts for the international market
- Promoted the school in the United States through festivals and networking, online and in person.
Project Management and Volunteer Coordination:
- We created volunteer program
- rules and regulations
- process for hiring and communication
- Managed and created
- listings on popular website for volunteers
- communication with volunteers, before, during and after there stay
- systems for project management while showing how the owner how to manage the volunteers in an effective way
- The program helped
- build an organic garden
- Sell and market his products.
- start a consistent process of production of mushrooms