Vegetarian Restaurant & Local Coffee Bar: Cosmic Cocina – 2013-2015 | El Salvador
What did we do? From scratch, we designed the kitchen and cafe to create one of the only vegetarian / vegan restaurants in all of El Salvador. Completing the idea but being totally sustainable, local sources and locally run!
- Every item, even the sauces are made in-house avoiding packaged and processed foods
- Started a program with the local women’s collective where we literally gave seed money for them to grow our produce locally without chemicals
- Teaching the women’s collective how to grow organically and how to use many sustainable methods like composting, worms, and crop rotation to avoid pests
- Composting everything our restaurant
- Limited waste by reusing our plastic bags, bringing our own to the market and building bottle bricks with the rest
- Created a community “human interaction” zone where arts and real communication thrive
- Started a coffee bar only selling El Salvadorian coffees
- Saving local coconuts from the fire and scrapping their meat to make coconut milk for the restaurant
- Made a place available for El Salvadorians to try healthy food, an option that never existed before
Business Development and Successes:
- Built a brand from the ground up!
- Successfully sustained and made profit in only 6 months
- Built the website, logos, and took the video and pictures
- Listed and marketed online with social media (facebook, twitter, instagram) and reputation websites like tripadvisor.
- Created 3 local jobs, with a female manager
- Marketed and ran a festival where Cosmic Cocina provided all the food for the festival giving Cosmic Cocina a huge marketing boost
- Used the pictures we took for flyers and other promotional materials
Various Private Aviation Projects – 2001-ongoing